Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Spark and Spunk

Nicki Minaj has a song out called 'Your Love.'  It's one of my favorite songs for many reasons.  The chorus has a line in it that says, "You got spark, you you got spunk, you got somethin' all the girls want."

I'm not sure if Nicki realized what she was writing, but a truer statement hasn't been written recently.  Can I pleaaaase get a man that possesses both spark and spunk?

I've dated men who were all spark, and no spunk.  In other words, you're an effing dork who has no edge whatsoever, and you're probably supremely uptight.  You wear your pants up under your ribs and you tuck your shirt in.  I make a joke, and not only do you not get it, you launch into the theory of relativity and basically do all you can to disprove my joke and flaunt your intelligence.  The fuck outta here.

Then, I've dated guys who are all spunk, and no spark, honey.  In other words, you're a meathead.  You're on box-of-rocks status.  Now, you've got swagger and you dress well and you're fun to be around, but as soon as I drop a word like 'anomaly' on you, you're lookin' at me like my whole face just turned green.  This is not going to work either.

I really need a man who has a healthy balance of spark and spunk to be happy.  I know they exist, and I just hope one is on reserve for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment