Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Seriously, What Are You?

When we are kids, we are quickly taught what certain things are, so we don't question them, and so we're not afraid of them.  One of the first things we learn about are animals.  That's a cat, that's a dog, that's a bird, so forth and so on.

Had it not been for this indoctrination, we might have found ourselves saying, "What the fuck is that?" more often than not as we lived from year to year.

Well, I find myself saying, "What the fuck is that?" now, even though I know what you supposedly are.  Walk with me people...seriously, what the fuck is a giraffe?  Really take a step back and look at a giraffe.  What is it?  Are you a horse?

Then there's the platypus.  Have you ever seen a platypus?  It looks like a duck mated with a wolverine.  And yet, we point to it and say "There's a platypus" and everyone accepts it.

I'm not even going to get on Octopi.

All I'm saying is that if you weren't told these things as children, we'd be rather freaked out by the world around us.  Chew on that next time you look at a centipede.

No comments:

Post a Comment