Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Calling To Be Normal

Today I got a phone call from a guy I met three years or so ago at one of my former jobs.  I knew he didn't have good sense back then, but today really put the icing on the cake.  Now, he didn't try to hit on me or anything like that, but that fool was always selling something.  Always something that felt slightly illegal and highly pyramid-ish.  The conversation today went a little something like this:

Hello, Lucas?  
Hey "Morris," what's going on?  
Oh nothing much, I was just calling to say hello.  I heard you moved out of town.  
This would be true.  
Oh yeah?  That's great!  Me myself, I got out of that old industry I was in.  It just wasn't for me.  

Now let's pause here.  I was excited, thinking, Wow!  He finally realized what he was doing was a pyramid scheme!  Thank goodness he saw the light.  But I spoke too soon.

Oh well that's unfortunate. 

It's okay.  I'm with a new company now and I'm so excited about it.  It deals with health and fitness, are you into those things?

As soon as he asked the question, I knew what was coming.

I want you to check out this website: www.latestpyramidscheme.com and let me know what you think!  I know you're a smart girl who knows lots of smart people. Perhaps you can put me in touch with those people. 

-_-

What really ticked me off about all this was the fact that I thought he was actually calling to be normal. Who, after 3 years of not speaking to someone, calls and tries to sell them something? Random-ass strange fucking rare birds, that's who.

Honey, I'm not checking out the website, and I'm not answering the phone if he calls back, either.  Now I see why people change their phone numbers so often!



1 comment:

  1. What rare metal did you come into contact with that lead to you attracting such fucking weirdos?

    They are like moths to a flame.

    ReplyDelete